Sunday, March 15, 2009

The worst experience

So I'm going to throw what currently tops as my worst ever experience out there for the whole world to read about.  Maybe that will help me get over my utter embarrassment at the issue.

Rewind to Friday.  

Yes, Friday, March 13th.  

I am walking across campus to meet a friend for lunch at an off-campus restaurant.  My stomach is grumbling a little.   I chalk it up to hunger, since I didn't feel like breakfast earlier in the morning.  I continue walking.  Get off campus.  Cross the street and am about to hit the "busy" part of Anytown.  When suddenly I don't feel so good.  I stop on the sidewalk and try to calm my innards.   But suddenly I realize it is not working.  And before I know it, I've lost my cookies (to put it nicely) all over the sidewalk.

I am thoroughly embarrassed and try to hide as far away from the sidewalk in a little grassy knoll while my stomach continues to revolt.

After awhile, I feel okay enough to try and walk back to lab.   But our campus is a pretty big one, and my building is at the complete opposite end from where I currently am.   Let's just say it was a long walk back.  Trying to hide the fact that I feel like utter shit from everyone I pass and barely holding it together.

Get back to lab, call Mr. TemporaryProf, who graciously agrees to leave work and come and pick me up.  No way I was going to take public transportation home.

Damn coworkers who come to work even though they feel nauseous and are hacking up a lung.  I'm all for showing how strong and productive you are.  But c'mon people... if you're sick, stay home!!!!!!   And to the one coworker who never washes their hands after using the restroom, you are a scientist!  Don't you know the benefits of being sanitary!?!?!?!?

Thankfully, it was only a 24 hour bug and after spending almost 24 hours in bed today, I am feeling almost human again.

3 comments:

  1. First the cheating students, then the rejection, and top it all up the stomach bug makes itself known so dramatically and unpleasantly! Ah well, that's three things, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't thought of it that way..... but I sure do hope those were my "three". Not sure I could handle a fourth right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes, I hope you are feeling better now!

    ReplyDelete